Wedding Bookings for St Madeleine Sophie must be made through the Parish Office via telephone 9654-2260. It is preferable to call our office as we will need to speak with you before you lodge your booking form. Please also view the useful check list below.
Please ensure you communicate to us any special circumstances (eg second marriage, interfaith marriage etc) at the time of booking. If the date and time are suitable, we will make a tentative booking for you and send you out the information kits. You will need to complete the Booking Form and return it with the booking donation indicated (which is for the Parish) to the Parish Office in order to secure your booking. As is customary, we also ask that at some stage, you make a separate offering to the priest who conducts your wedding service for his time and effort.
The following is a useful checklist:
- Complete and return Booking Form to the Parish Office, along with the booking donation.
- Obtain a copy of your baptismal certificate (not less than six months old)
- Obtain your original birth certificate which the priest celebrating your marriage must sight
- Arrange an interview with your priest
- Enrol in a Marriage Preparation course (course flyers are included in information kit you receive)
You are encouraged to obtain a copy of the booklet When We Marry – a practical planning guide for couples from Pauline Book & Media, located at 150 Castlereagh St, Sydney – Tel: 9264 8630
Advise the Parish Office of the time/schedule of your florist to access the Church prior to your Wedding. Please note that it is the duty and responsibility of the florists/your Wedding Planner(s) to place and organise the flowers inside the Church, and ensure that the Church is left clean and orderly after your Wedding.